XRiM Workshop in IEEE AIVR2022
Dec. 12-14, 2022
Submission Date Extended to Oct. 1!
Museums have always been attractive and unique places where people learn from various exhibits, displays, samples, and special devices.
Although recent smartphones, PCs, and game consoles are very powerful, there should be solid differences between experiences with daily equipment and those in museums full of special-purpose devices. For decades, museums have been polarized into large and wealthy museums with the latest technologies that have attracted a large number of people, and local and small museums (typically with smaller budgets) with fewer visitors. To rectify some current situations involving museums, this workshop aims to showcase a wide range of excellent designs, implementations, experimental results, and case studies. We encourage papers that extend the ability of museums to enhance people’s experiences in museums with a range of XR/AR/VR/MR and related technologies.
This workshop was held as XRTM in 2021.
include the following, but is not limited to:
- XR Applications in Museums
- Visitor identification and tracking
- Large surface interaction
- Physical objects for interactive learning
- Projection mapping
- Traditional work and activities in cyberspace
- Museum community activation
- Versatile information kiosk
- Indoor localization and navigation
Important Dates … Extended!!
- Submission Deadline:
Sept. 12> Oct. 01 (Timezone: AoE, Anywhere on Earth)
- Notification of acceptance:
Oct. 10> Oct. 19
- Camera ready submission:
Oct. 31> Nov. 01
These are the firm (final) lines!
- regular: 2-8 pages (single category)
- Submission details…
- Aug-18, 2022 Workshop website started.
- Aug-19, 2022 Waiting for approval of our workshop proposal. Dr. A. Soccini joined as the 3rd co-organizer.
- Aug-25, 2022 Workshop proposal accepted. Thank you all! We changed the length of our short papers to be between 2-4 pages to encourage short-term submissions.
- Aug-29, 2022 We combined two paper types (short and regular) into one.
- Aug-30, 2022 We opened our track for XRiM workshop submissions at EasyChair.
- Sep-9, 2022 We extended our deadline!